Marinated Carrot Salad
* * 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 3/4 cup white vinegar
* 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon mustard powder
* 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
* 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
* 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
* 1 large onion, chopped
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil, add carrots and simmer until tender, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the soup, sugar, vinegar, oil, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Add carrots, celery, onion and pepper and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to allow carrots to marinate.
Wild Strawberry Treat
* * 4 cups plain lowfat yogurt
* 1/2 cup milk
* sugar to taste
* 1 tablespoon strawberry flavored milk powder
* 1 cup fresh strawberries
1. In a bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, sugar, and strawberry milk powder. Arrange the strawberries on top, and serve immediately.