GLG490 Assignment #2
Due by Wednesday, September 10 at the beginning of class.
This assignment is intended to give you the opportunity to get to know the multimedia CD from the book How
Computers Work, by Ron White, Ziff-Davis Press, Second edition,
For assignment 2, due at the beginning of class next Wednesday, you are to
fully explore this multimedia CD and book (should take about 45 minutes to
1) The CD should be kept with the book at all times except when it is in
the CD-ROM drive. The book and CD should stay in the front of H461 except
when you are using them. We only have one of these, so you may want to
establish a sign up sheet, or get at it when you see it is free.
2) The CD only works on the Win95 side of the computers. Switch to PC,
open the CD-ROM drive, insert the CD-ROM, and close the drive gently.
3) Go to the START menu, go up to Programs, choose the
The How Multimedia Computers Work folder, and select the How Multimedia Computers Work
4) Follow the instructions, look at the book some, and see what all is
5) Email firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
a) A description of the 3 strongest aspects of the CD.
b) A description of the 3 weakest aspects of the CD.
c) A description of what was the most interesting thing that learned?
Pages maintained by
Prof. Ramón Arrowsmith
Pages last modified on Thurs Sept 4 1997.