Getting familiar with the GICF (Geology Instructional Computing
Exercises (turn in by the beginning of class Friday, 8/29):
This can be handwritten!
1) Make a map of the GICF and identify all of the major pieces of computer
related equipment by name and as much specification of the type as
2) Turn a computer on and switch between environments. Explain briefly the three ways to switch between environments. Shut down the PC using the PC setup on the Macintosh side, and also using the shutdown tool on the Win95 side
3) Practice the keyboard equivalents.
4) Share files on a CD, the zip drive, and using the pc share folder.
5) Print a document from both environments (using the mac, print to the
color printer; using the PC, print to the black and white printer).
Pages maintained by
Prof. Ramón Arrowsmith
Pages last modified on Tues Aug 26 1997.