- Jing Lu and Ke Bai's paper on "SSDM: A Smart Stack Data
Management for Scratchpad based Multi-core Processors (SMPs)" is
accepted for publication in DAC 2013.
- Mahdi's paper on "Enhancing Compiler Techniques for
Energy-Efficient Programmable Accelerators" is accepted for
publication in DAC 2013.
- Ke Bai's paper on "Automatic and Efficient Heap Data Management
for Limited Local Memory Multicore Architectures" is accepted for
publication in DATE 2013.
- Aviral, Yooseong and Jian are currently visiting researchers at
- Aviral, Reiley, and Kyoungwoo are organizing on Soft Errors in
ESWEEK 2012 and VLSI 2013.
- Aviral serving as Associate Editor of IJPP,
International Journal on Parallel Processing.
- Congratulations! Reiley. First Ph.D. from CML.
My research interests lie at the hardware-software interface. In
particular, I am keenly interested in investigating compilers and
More details about these research topics is on my lab research page.
- Software-controlled multi-core processors.
- Software-controlled accelerators.
- Protection from soft errors.
I regularly teach the following courses at ASU:
Here are my answers to some of the
interesting questions from students.
In addition, I teach professional courses on Low Power Computing
and Multicore Computing in universities (for Masters and
Ph.D. level students), and industry. With power and parallelism now in
the front and center of any system design, this is course seeks to
train the workforce in the fundamentals, challenges, basic and some
advanced solutions. To see if your students or employees
need this course, please see the course contents here.
Note to new Students
If you are a student at ASU, and some of the topics that I work on
engage you, the way to get into my team starts by doing well in one of
my classes. If you are a prospective student, please go through my inquiry page to see if there is some
challenge that particularly strikes you, and you would like to take
on. I am not taking any students for summer internships, so please do
not enquire. Mails about internship will not be answered.