Full text of selected papers by Stephen Kulis and collaborators (Adobe PDF or HTML format)
Note: Text and tables are complete, but some charts and figures may be missing.
- PS-03 : Hecht, Michael L., Flavio F. Marsiglia, Elvira Elek-Fisk, David A. Wagstaff, Stephen Kulis, Patricia Dustman,
& Michelle Miller-Day. (2003). "Culturally grounded substance use prevention: An evaluation of the keepin' it R.E.A.L.
curriculum." Prevention Science. Vol. 4, No. 4 (December).
- SUM-03 : Marsiglia, Flavio F. Stephen Kulis, Michael L. Hecht, & Stephen Sills. (2003)."Ethnic self-identification and
ethnic identity as predictors of drug norms and drug use among pre-adolescents in the Southwest." Substance Use and
Misuse. Vol. 39.
- JSWPA-03 : Napoli, Maria, Flavio Marsiglia, & Stephen Kulis. (2003)."Sense of belonging to school as a protective
factor against drug abuse among Native American urban adolescents in the Southwest." Journal of Social Work
Practice in the Addictions, 3(2): 25-42.
- JCP-03 : Kulis, Stephen, Flavio F. Marsiglia, & Donna Hurdle. (2003)."Gender identity, ethnicity, acculturation and
drug use: Exploring differences among adolescents in the Southwest." Journal of Community Psychology
- SWR-02 : Kulis, Stephen, Maria Napoli, & Flavio Marsiglia. (2002). Ethnic pride, biculturalism, and drug use norms of
urban American Indian adolescents. Social Work Research 26(2):101-112.
- RHE-02b : Kulis, Stephen, Diane Sicotte & Shawn Collins (2002). "More than a pipeline problem: Labor supply
constraints and gender stratification across academic science disciplines." Research in Higher Education, 43 (6):
- Y&S-02 : Kulis, Stephen, Flavio F. Marsiglia, & Michael E. Hecht. (2002). "Gender labels and gender identity as
predictors of drug use among ethnically diverse middle school students." Youth and Society, 33 (3): 442-475.
- RHE-02a : Kulis, Stephen & Diane Sicotte (2002). "Women scientists in academia: Geographically constrained to big
cities, college clusters, or the coasts?" Research in Higher Education, 43 (1):1-30.
- JRA-01 : Marsiglia, Flavio F., Stephen Kulis & Michael E. Hecht (2001). "Ethnic labels and ethnic identity as predictors
of drug use among middle school students in the southwest." Journal of Research on Adolescence 11 (1): 21-48.
- JHE-00 : Kulis, Stephen, Heather Shaw, and Yinong Chong (2000). "External labor markets and the distribution of
black scientists and engineers in academia." Journal of Higher Education 71(2):187-222.
- RHE-99 : Kulis, Stephen, Yinong Chong &Heather Shaw (1999) "Discriminatory organizational contexts and black
scientists on postsecondary faculties." Research in Higher Education 40 : 115-148.
- JWM-98 : Kulis, Stephen (1998) "Organizational variations in women scientists' representation in academia." Journal
of Women and Minorities in Science and Engineering 4 (1): 43-67.
- SOE-97 : Kulis, Stephen (1997) "Gender segregation among college and university employees" Sociology of
- SF-96 : Kulis, Stephen &Heather Shaw (1996) "Racial segregation among postsecondary workers." Social Forces 75: