Primary Research Areas
My research concentrates on areas in which combinatorics and computer science interact in
an elegant way.
Two main directions are:
- network algorithms and network design
- network reliability:
efficiently computable bounds, combinatorial structure from matroids,
polyhedral and shellable complexes; exact algorithms; most probable state
- network design and analysis: graph algorithms, heuristics, search techniques.
- combinatorial design theory
- triple systems, block designs, pairwise
balanced designs, group-divisible designs, transversal designs, latin
squares, orthogonal arrays
- algorithms and computational methods;
combinatorial search techniques.
- applications in computer science:
- software and hardware testing,
- grooming in optical networks.
- access control in mobile ad hoc and sensor networks.
- erasure correction, error correction.
- combinatorial cryptography.