Medical Sites for Lupus Patients
- Academy of Nutritional and Dietetics
Your link to nutrition and health.
- American Heart Association
- Center for Parent Information and Resources
Center for Parent Information and Resources is the national information and referral center that provides information on disabilities and disability-related issues for families, educators, and other professionals.
- Drug Links
- CenterWatch - Clinical Trials Listing Service
Listing of Newly Approved Drug Therapies by the Food and Drug Administration.
Prescription drug information, side effects, interactions. The drug-information database is powered by four independent leading medical-information suppliers: Wolters Kluwer Health, Physiciansí Desk Reference, Cerner Multum and Thomson Micromedex. Individual drug (or drug-class) information content compiled by these sources is delivered complete and naltered by Drugs.com. The medical dictionary is powered by Stedmans. Since 1911, Stedmanís Medical Dictionary has been the medical professionís most trusted source for medical definitions.
- MedlinePlus: Drugs & Supplementst
Prescription drug information, interactions, and side effects.
- Department of Health & Human Services
Provides information about various programs, such as medical and social science research, food and drug safety, and Medicare and Medicaid.
Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
- Diabetes Links
- American Diabetes Association
- CDC's Diabetes and Public Health Resource
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Family Doctor
Patient Information Center with Symptom Checker, Medical Dictionary and Health Finder
- Federation of State Medical Boards of the United States,
The Federation's mission is to be a leader in improving the quality, safety and integrity of U.S. health care by promoting high standards for physician licensure and practice, and assisting and supporting state medical boards collectively and individually in the regulation of medical practice and in their role of public protection.
- Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
- Hospice Links
A program of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) - a national consumer and community engagement initiative to improve care at the end of life, supported by a grant from The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- Dying Well
Quotes from the book Dying Well by Dr. Ira Byock, president of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
- Frequently Asked Questions about End-of-Life Experience and Care
- The Four Things That Matter Most
- Articles and Writings
- Hospital Compare
Provides information on how well a hospital in your area delivers treatment for heart attack, heart failure,
pneumonia, and surgery. This information will help you compare the quality of care hospitals provide.
- Lab Tests Online
American Association for Clinical Chemistry provides basic information on lab tests.
- Mayo Clinic
Access a medical dictionary, information on diseases and treatments, data from the pharmacy section, submit a question to "Ask the M.D.," or link to other
MedlinePlus brings together authoritative information from the National Library of Medicine (NLM),
the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and other government agencies and health-related organizations.
Has extensive information about drugs, an illustrated medical encyclopedia, interactive patient tutorials,
and latest health news.
(Excellent tutorial list on left side bar)
The Online Resource for Better Patient Care.
- National Cancer Institute
National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM)
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
Information about Health Plans - finding the health plan that's right for you.
- National Institute of Diabetes & Digestive & Kidney Diseases
- National Institute of of Mental Health
Provides free full text versions of the best federal consumer publications available on federal programs, food and nutrition, health, and other topics.
- Restless Legs Syndrome Foundation, Inc.
The Merck Manual of Medical Information - Home Edition
- The New England Journal of Medicine: Research & Review
Articles on Diseases & Clinical Practice
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Information on diseases, conditions and injuries, health organization, drug database, health library, and
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- WebMD - Trustworthy, Credible and Timely Health
Go back to Cyndee's home page.
Page Last Updated: Sunday, January 1, 2017