Dr. Camacho: Home
I am interested in the applications of nonlinear differential equations and
have collaborated with biologist and sociologists in an effort to bring
more realism to the mathematical models.
- Social Network Models with F.Wang, C.McNeely
- Interaction of Photoreceptors, with M.Colon, D.Hernandez, U.Rodriguez-Bernier, J.van Laarhoven
- A Mathematical Model of Fungal Strains, with S.Wirkus, O.Ortega, C.Urbinati, A.Greenblatt, N.Anyadike, M.Engman
- Mathematical Modeling the Transcriptional Network Controlling the Environmental Stress Response in Sacchromyce cerevsiae, with Kam Dahlquist, N.Wanner, B.Fitzpatrick, S.Kuelbs
Selected peer-reviewed publications:
- F.Berezovskaya, E.Camacho, S.Wirkus, G.Karev, "Traveling Wave Solutions of Fitzhugh-Nagumo Equations with Cross-Diffusion," to appear in Mathematical Biosciences and Engineering.
- J.Abiva, E.Camacho, E.Joseph, A.Mikaelian, C.Rogers, J.Shelton, S.Wirkus, "Alcohol's Effect on Neuron Firing," to appear in The Mathematical Scientist, June 2007.
- E.Camacho, R.Rand, H.Howland, "Dynamics of Two van der Pol Oscillators Coupled via a Bath,"
International Journal of Solids and Structures, 41 (8): 2133-2143, 2004.
- E.Camacho, R.Rand, T.Li, H.Howland, "A Mathematical Model of a Retinal Oscillator,"
Proceedings of the 2000 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, Nov.5-10, 2000, Orlando, FL, in BDE-Vol.48 "2000 Advances in Bioengineering" ed. T.Conway, ASME, 2000.
- E.Camacho, R.Rand, J.Cooke, "Nonlinear Dynamics of the Bombardier Beetle," Proceedings of the DETC'99, ASME Design Engineering Technical Conferences, Sept 12-15, 1999, paper no. DETC99/DAC-1234.