Gail-Joon Ahn, PhD, CISSPProfessor of Computer Science and Engineering
Fulton Entrepreneurial Professor
School of Computing, Informatics and Decision Systems Engineering
Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering , Arizona State University
News and Highlights
- Working to make mobile payment more secure, ASU News, December 19, 2014.
- Website live streaming unsecured webcams, USA Today, November 13, 2014.
- Highlighted ACM CCS 2014, ASU Full Clrcle, Octobre 23, 2014.
- Google Fiber expansion chang.., The State Press, March 4, 2014.
- Windows 8 picture passwords ..., InformationWeek and WeLiveSecurity, August 30, 2013.
- Tests new picture password system, The State Press, August 28, 2013.
- Picture password system promising ..., ASU Full Circle and ASU News, August 7, 2013.
- ASU scientist patents security process, Phoenix Business Journal, June 14, 2013.
- Patented system bolsters security ..., ASU Full Circle and ASU News, May 20, 2013
- Homeland security must ..., Tucson Sentinel, Feb 26, 2013
- HTML5: the future of ..., The State Press, Oct , 2010.
- Making mobile computing more secure, ASU Full Circle and ASU News, August 18, 2010.
- Innovative mobile device identity management ..., Market Wired, August 17, 2010.
- Greeting unwanted visitors, Charlotte Business Journal, April 16, 2007.
Research Activities and Publications[ ... visit SEFCOM for details ... ]
- Information Director, ACM Special Interest Group on Security, Audit and Control (SIGSAC), 2002 onwards.
- Associate Editor-in-Chief, IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, 2010 onwards.
- Associate Editor, ACM Transactions on Information and System Security, 2011 onwards.
- Editorial Board, Computers & Security, 2013 onwards.
- Editorial Review Board, Journal of Database Management, 2001 onwards.
- Steering Committee Chair, ACM Symposium on Access Control Models And Technologies (SACMAT), 2013.
- General Chair, ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), 2014.
- Program Co-Chair, ACM Symposium on InformAtion, Computer and Communications Security (ASIACCS), 2015.
- Program Committee, ACM Symposium on Access Control Models And Technologies (SACMAT), 2002-2013.
- Program Committee, ACM Conference on Data and Application Security and Privacy (CODASPY), 2013.
- Program Committee, IFIP WG 11.3 Working Conference on Data and Applications Security (DBSec), 2013.
- Program Committee, European Symposium on Research in Computer Security (ESORICS), 2013.
- Program Committee, The International Conference on Network and System Security (NSS), 2013.
- Program Committee, The International Conference on Privacy, Security and Trust (PST), 2013.
- Program Committee, IEEE International Computer Software & Applications Conference (COMPSAC), 2013.
- Track Chair, ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC)--Smart Grid and Smart Technologies Track, 2013
- Program Committee, IEEE International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration (IRI), 2013
- Program Committee, The International Conference on Collaborative Computing (CollaborateCom), 2013.
Awards and Recognition
- CAREER Award, Department of Energy, September 2003
- Educator of the Year Award, Federal Information Systems Security Educators' Association, March 23, 2005
- Guest Editor, ACM Transactions on Information and System Security , Vol.10, No.1, February 2007
- Guest Editor, IEEE Internet Computing (May/June), 2011
- NSF Panelist, 2004 onwards.
- IEEE Senior, 2007 onwards.
- ACM Senior (Lifetime Member), 2007 onwards.
- Best Researcher Award, CIDSE, ASU, 2013.
- Best Paper Award, CODASPY, 2014.
- US 8402526 System integrating an identity selector and user-portable device and method of use in a user-centric identity management system, March 2013.
- US 8793757 User-directed privacy control in a user-centric identity management system, July 2014.
- US 8799984 User agent to exercise privacy control management in a user-centric identity management system, August 2014.
- US 8850548 User-portable device and method of use in a user-centric identity management system, September 2014.
- US 8869257 Identity selector for use with a user-portable device and method of use in a user-centric identity management system, October 2014.
- CSE 465: Introduction to Information Assurance, [ Fall ]
- CSE 469/598: Forensic Computing: Computer and Network Forensics, [ Spring ]