|Recent seminars/special topics
Seminar in Typology
and Language Universals (1999; 2005).
Seminar in Historical
Linguistics (1998; 2005) .
Reading course/seminar in MINIMALISM - 2004 and 2001: Chomsky (1995), "Minimalist Inquiries", "Derivation by
Phase", "Beyond Explanatory Adequacy" and anything else that seems relevant.
and Literature in the Renaissance, team-taught with Jean Brink in the
spring of 2001.
Reading courses: Indo-European,
Syntax, Old English, Swedish, Dutch, Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis, Historical Linguistics, Japanese
Syntax, language and gender.
Reading course/seminar in formal semantics (1999).
- Varieties of
English at Groningen University, The Netherlands (1990-1994)
- Seminar in Historical Linguistics at Groningen University
- Comparative Grammar at Groningen University (1990-1994)
- Politics of the
English Language at Groningen University (1994)
- Language and Gender team-taught with Marja van Tilburg at Groningen University
- Lectures on Language in Canada/Quebec (1991-4).
- Syntax at
Groningen University (1990-1994)
- Syntax at Queen's University, Kingston, Canada (1989-1990)
- Advanced Syntax at McGill University, Montreal, Canada (1989)
- Introduction to Linguistics at Queen's University, Kingston, Canada (1989-1990)
- Humanities courses: `Human Being: being human', `The Revolting Cage', `Male-Female',
`Current Ethical Issues' at John Abbott College, Ste Anne de Bellevue,