Area of Teaching and Research
Computer Networks - Wireless and Optical
Algorithms and Optimization
Network Science Theory - Graph Theory, Game Theory
Network Science Applications - Power Grid Networks, Transportation Networks,
Water Distribution Networks, Social Networks, Biological Networks
Shared-Vision: Real-time Video transmission in MANETs
Robust Network Design - Connectivity and Beyond
A Robust and Resilient Network Design Paradigm for Region-based Faults inficted by WMD Attack
A. Sen, N. Das, S. Murthy, "Coverage and Connectivity Problems for Sensor Embedded in a Temperature Sensitive Environment", To appear in International Journal of Sensor Networks, 2009.
- A. Sen, P. Ghosh, V. Vittal, B. Yang, “A New Min-Cut Problem with Application to Electric Power Network Partitioning,” European Transactions on Electrical Power, (2008), Published online in Wiley InterScience [pdf]
- G. Xue, A. Sen, W. Zhang, J. Tang and K. Thulasiraman, “Finding a path subject to many additive constraints”, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 15, no. 1, February 2007.
- J. Tang, B. Hao and A. Sen, “Relay Node Placement in Large Scale Wireless SensorNetworks”, Computer Communications, 29, 490-501, Feb. 2006. Also available online via ScienceDirect [pdf]
- A.Sen, S. Bandyopadhyay and B.P. Sinha, “A new architecture and a new metric for lightwave networks”, IEEE/OSA Journal on Lightwave Technology, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 913-925, July 2001.
- A.Sen, B.H. Shen, S. Bandyopadhyay, “Survivability of lightwave networks - path lengths in WDM protection scheme”, Journal of High Speed Networks, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 303-315, 2001.
- A.Sen, S. Bandyopadhyay and B.P. Sinha, “On new architectures for lightwave networks”, Computer Communications, vol. 24, pp. 868-876, 2001.
- N. Das, P. Ghosh and A. Sen “Approximation Algorithm for Avoiding Hotspot Formation of Sensor Networks for Temperature Sensitive Environments”, IEEE Globecom, Honolulu, Hawaii, November 2009.
- S. Murthy, P. Hegde and A. Sen, “Design of a Delay-based Routing Protocol for Multi-rate Multi-hop Mobile Ad Hoc Networks”, IEEE International Communication Conference (ICC), Dresden, Germany, June 2009.
- S. Bandyopadhyay, Q. Rahman, S. Banerjee, S. Murthy and A. Sen, “Dynamic Lightpath Allocation in Translucent WDM Optical Networks”, IEEE International Communication Conference (ICC), Dresden, Germany, June 2009.
- A. Sen, S. Murthy and S. Banerjee, “Region-Based Connectivity - A New Paradigm for Design of Fault-tolerant Networks”, IEEE International Conference on High Performance Switching and Routing (HPSR), Paris, France, June 2009.
- R. Maniyar, P. Ghosh and A. Sen, , “A Unified Approach for Multiple Multicast Tree Construction and Max-Min Fair Rate Allocation”, IEEE International Conference on High Performance Switching and Routing (HPSR), Paris, France, June 2009.
- P. Ghosh and A. Sen, “Efficient Application Mapping to Network-on-Chip Processing Elements Operating at Multiple Voltage Levels”, 3rd ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Networks-on-Chip, San Diego, California, May 2009.
- N. Agarwal, H. Liu, S. Murthy, A. Sen and X. Wang, “A Social Identity Approach to Identify Familiar Strangers in a Social Network”, 3rd. International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM 2009), San Jose, California, May 2009.
- Z. Zhou, D. Parikh, P. Gudadhe and A. Sen, A Novel Mechanism to Dynamically Switch Speed and Accuracy in SystemC based Transaction Level Models”, 19th Great Lakes Symposium on VLSI, May 2009.
- A. Sen, S. Murthy, S. Bandyopadhyay, “On Sparse Placement of Regenerator Nodes in Translucent Optical Networks”, IEEE Globecom, November 2008.
- P. Ghosh and A. Sen, “Energy Minimization using a Greedy Randomized Heuristic for the Voltage Assignment Problem in NoC”, IEEE International System-on-Chips Conference (SOCC), Los Angeles, California, September 2008.
- N. Das, S. Murthy and A. Sen, “Towards a Covered and Connected Body Sensor Network for Healthcare Applications” ACM Healthnet 2008, the 2nd International Workshop on Systems and Networking Support for Healthcare and Assisted Living Environments, June 2008.
- L. Zhou and A. Sen, “Topology Design of Service Overlay Network with A Generalized Cost Model”, Proc. of IEEE Globecom 2007, Washington D.C., November, 2007.
- S. Murthy, P. Hegde, V. Parameswaran, B. Li and A. Sen, “Improved Path Selection Algorithms for Multipath Video Streaming in Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks”, Proc. of Military Communications Conference (MILCOM) 2007, Orlando, Florida, October, 2007.
- )V. Parameswaran, S. Murthy, A. Sen and B. Li, “An Adaptive Slice Group Multiple Description Coding Technique for Real-time Video Transmission over Wireless Networks”, Proc. of Military Communications Conference (MILCOM) 2007, Orlando, Florida, October, 2007.
- A. Sen , N. Das , L. Zhou , B. H. Shen, S. Murthy, P. Bhattacharya, “Coverage Problem for Sensors Embedded in Temperature Sensitive Environments” Proc. of IEEE SECON 2007, San Diego, California.
- A. Sen, S. Murthy, S. Ganguly and S. Bhatnagar, “Interference Aware Channel Assignment in Multi-channel, Multi-radio Wireless Mesh Networks”, Proc. of IEEE International Communications Conference (ICC), Glasgow, June 2007.
- A. Sen, S. Murthy and S. Bandyopadhyay, “gStreams: A new technique for fast recovery with capacity efficient protection in WDM mesh networks”, Proc. of IEEE International Communications Conference (ICC), Glasgow, June 2007.
- B. Yang, V. Vittal, G.T. Heydt, A. Sen, “A Novel Slow Coherency Based Graph Theoretic Islanding Strategy,” Proc. of the IEEE Power Engineering Society General Meeting, Tampa, FL, June, 2007.
- S. Murthy, A. Goswami and A. Sen, “Interference Aware Multicasting in Wireless Mesh Networks, Proc. of IFIP Networking conference, Atlanta, May 2007.
- A. Sen, P Ghosh, V. Vittal and B. Wang, “A New Min-Cut Problem with Application to Electric Power Network Partitioning”, Proc. of 44th Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control and Computing, September 2006.
- L. Zhao and A. Sen, “Adaptive Data Collection Scheme for Tracking Mobile Target in Wireless Sensor Networks”, 3rd International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems (Mobiquitos’06) July 2006.
- A. Sen, B. Shen, L. Zhao and B. Hao, “Fault Tolerance in Sensor Networks: A New Evaluation Metric”, Proc, of IEEE INFOCOM, Barcelona, Spain, April 2006.
- L. Yang, T. Gohad, P. Ghosh, D. Sinha and A. Sen, “Resource Mapping and Scheduling for Heterogeneous Network Processor Systems”, Proc. of ACM International Symposium on Architectures for Networking and Communication Systems(ANCS), Princeton, N.J. August 2005.
- A. Sen, L. Zhou, B. Hao, B. H. Shen and S. Ganguly, “On Topological Design of Service Overlay Networks”, Proc. of IEEE International Workshop on Quality of Service (IWQoS), Passau, Germany in June 2005.
- A. Sen, B. Hao, B. H. Shen and S. Ganguly, “On Multipath Routing with Transit Hubs”, Proc. of IFIP International Conference, Networking 2005, Waterloo, Canada, May 2005.
- S. Ganguly, A. Sen, B. Hao, B. H. Shen, “On Maximum Available Bandwidth through Disjoint Paths”, Proc. of IEEE Workshop on High Performance Switching and Routing (HPSR), Hong Kong, May 2005.
- R. Anderson, Fan-Chung Graham, A. Sen and G. Xue, “On Disjoint Path Pairs with Wavelength Continuity Constraint in WDM Networks” Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM 2004, Hong Kong, March 2004.
- S. Ganguly, A. Sen, G. Xue, B. Hao and B.H. Shen, “Optimal Routing for Fast Transfer of Bulk Data Files in Time Varying Networks” Proceedings of IEEE International Communication Conference, ICC 2004, Paris, France, June 2004.
- B.H. Shen, B. Hao and A. Sen, “On Multipath Routing using Widest Pair of Disjoint Paths”, Proc. of the 2004 IEEE Workshop on High Performance Switching and Routing (HPSR), Phoenix, Arizona, April, 2004.
- B. Hao, A. Sen and B. H. Shen, “A New Metric for Fault-Tolerance in Sensor Networks”, Proc. of ACM SenSys 2004.
- Publication 1
- Publication 2
- Publication 3
- Publication 4