Call for Papers
ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology (ACM TIST)
Special Issue on AI in Social Computing and Cultural Modeling (TIST-SI-SCCM-10)
AI research has great potential for impact in the social and behavioral sciences, and this special issue is aimed at highlighting some of the leading work in that area. The special issue will focus on modeling and reasoning about properties of social networks, social media, cultural groups, decision-making organizations, game-theoretic environments, and other related areas.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- link mining (from social media or other sources) of social relationships, group identity, and other properties
- mining and analysis of group characteristics such as opinions, beliefs, decisions, and behaviors
- evolution and propagation of memes, attitudes, opinions, knowledge, diseases, behaviors, etc.
- emergent properties of social networks, cultural groups, etc.
- virtual agents (embodied agents in virtual or physical environments)
- artificial societies and multi-agent environments
- game-theoretic reasoning
Papers may include one or more of the following: theoretical models and analytical results, algorithms and algorithm analysis, simulation results, empirical validation, and applications.
Onine Submission: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tist (please select "Special Issue: Social Computing and Cultural Modeling" as the manuscript type)
Details of the journal and manuscript preparation are available on the website: http://tist.acm.org/
Each paper will be peer-reviewed by three reviewers.
Full Paper Submission Deadline: March 1, 2010
Review Notification: March 31, 2010
Final Manuscript: April 24, 2010
Publication Date: June 2010
Huan Liu and Dana Nau