Conference on Data Mining
(please check details following the links below)
SDM08 organizing committee invites proposals for workshops to be held in
conjunction with the conference. The purpose of a workshop is to provide
participants with the opportunity to present and discuss novel research ideas
on active and emerging topics of knowledge discovery and data mining. Ideally a
workshop should foster interactions between different communities within the
scope of SDM (e.g. statisticians, computer scientists, industry, academia
The responsibilities of the
workshop organizers include:
- preparing the call for papers and publicizing it
- maintaining the workshop web site
- selecting the workshop organizing and program committees
- deciding the workshop program content
- selecting the papers through a peer review process
- delivering the proceedings to the press in time, and
- delivering the final workshop program to the workshop chair in time.
Workshop proposals should be
prepared as a web page and its URL sent via email
to the SDM08 Workshop Chair, Huan
Liu by October 19, 2007.
A workshop proposal should
include the following information:
- Workshop title
- Full contact information of the organizers
- Description of the workshop including objectives, content, and
format of the workshop.
Please indicate your preference regarding the length of the workshop: Half-day or full-day.
- List of potential attendees
- List of potential authors
- A short biography of each organizer
Proposals will be judged by a
sub-committee of the SDM08 organizing committee based on the above information.
Particular preference will be
given to proposals that foster interactions among multiple communities, as
noted above. For any question regarding the workshops for SDM08, please contact
the workshop chair.
- Proposal Submission by: October 19, 2007
- Decision Notification by: October 29, 2007
- Call for Workshop Papers out: November 2, 2007
- Workshop web sites linked to SIAM site: November 2, 2007
- Workshop Paper Submission by: December 28, 2007
- Acceptance Notification by each workshop: January 18, 2008
- Camera-ready Workshop Proceedings by: February 14, 2008