VTN 101 (fall semester) and VTN 102 (spring semester)Course Description
in HYBRID MODE
These courses are designed to introduce the students to Vietnamese language and culture and develop the students' speaking, listening, reading and writing competence. These skills will be emphasized through dialogues, reading passages and authentic materials as well as listening comprehension and communicative exercises. Students will also learn and develop cultural awareness through information on Vietnamese culture.
Both VTN 101 and VTN 102 are 5-credit courses: class will meet 2 times/weekly on Tuesday an Thursday from noon to 1:15 pm and 3-5 hours independent learning outside class.
By the end of VTN 101 and VTN 102, the students should be able
Let's Speak Vietnamese by Lê Phạm Thúy-Kim and Nguyễn Bích Thuận
Workbook Manual to accomany Let's Speak Vietnamse by Lê Phạm Thúy-Kim Downloadable audio files for listening activities of Workbook Manual and online review activities
* Class attendance, participation and full attention
* Access to high speed internet to read online assignments, listen to audio clips, and watch video clips
* Check Blackboard courseware in my.asu and read email messages at least 3 times weekly
* Ability to create documents in Vietnamese using Unicode fonts
* Reading assigned readings, preparation for discussion both in class and online, and writing analysis of the text
* Quizzes and tests
* All other assignments as assigned
Hybrid Course Requirements
Is online/hybrid learning for you? Please take time to visit the following web site to find out what kinds of requirements for students enrolled in online/hybrid learning.
Access to ASU Blackboard
Enrolled students must go to Blackboard to access detailed syllabus, tentative course schedule, weekly schedules (posted weekly) and other course documents and engage in online discussion via Discussion Board in Blackboard.
Online Dictionalries and Tutorial on typing VN Unicode fonts
Typing Vietnamese on Window
Typing Vietnamese on Mac
Typing Vietnamese on IPhone & IPad
Typing Vietnamese with onine keyboard
Last updadted June 2015