VTN 321 (fall semester) and VTN 332 (spring semester)Course Description
in HYBRID MODE
This course is designed to prepare and enable students to communicate effectively in Vietnamese as well as appreciate Vietnamese literary texts and folk literature. The format of this course includes classroom discussion of the assigned readings and videotape viewing, oral reports, online discusssion boards, and online written assignments, and reports based upon chosen readings and independent research.
Both VTN 321 and VTN 322 are 3-credit courses: class will meet once/week for 1:15 minutes and students will study independently and/or online for 2-3 hours.
will be given entirely in Vietnamese and students are strongly encouraged
to use Vietnamese both in the classroom and outside the classroom.
* Class attendance, participation and full attention
* Access to high speed internet to read online assignments, listen to audio clips, and watch video clips
* Check Blackboard courseware in my.asu and read email messages at least 3 times weekly
* Ability to create documents in Vietnamese using Unicode fonts
* Reading assigned readings, preparation for discussion both in class and online, and writing analysis of the text
* Oral presentations, quizzes, and tests
* All other assignments as assigned
Hybrid Course Requirements
Is online/hybrid learning for you? Please take time to visit the following web site to find out what kinds of requirements for students enrolled in online/hybrid learning.
Access to ASU Blackboard
Enrolled students must go to Blackboard to access detailed syllabus, tentative course schedule, weekly schedules (posted weekly) and other course documents and engage in online discussion via Discussion Board in Blackboard.
Online Dictionalries and Tutorial on typing VN Unicode fonts
Typing Vietnamese on Window
Typing Vietnamese on Mac
Typing Vietnamese on IPhone & IPad
Typing Vietnamese with onine keyboard
Last updadted June 2015