Paul Kei Matsuda
http://matsuda.jslw.org/

Open Lecture at GSID

On September 22, 2007, I will be giving an open lecture at the Graduate School of International Development, Nagoya University. The topic will be "Writing for Scholarly Publication in English." It will not only provide information about how to write academic articles but also present an insider's perspective that might help contextualize the process of academic writing.

More information will be available here soon.

9月22日(土)に名古屋大学大学院国際開発研究科にて、公開講演を行うことになりました。演題は「英語による学術論文の出版」に関して。論文執筆の単なるハウツーではなく、論文出版の裏舞台などに関しても触れる予定です。

詳しい情報はまたこのブログで。

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Interesting topic and context, Paul! Will you be speaking to a cross-disciplinary group, or do you have a sense of who your audience will be for the talk? I'd be interested to hear more about what you share.

I hope you're doing well!

Susan

Sunday, September 02, 2007 7:14:00 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Thanks for your comment, Susan. The primary disciplinary context will be applied linguistics, TESOL, and rhetoric and composition, but I'm hoping that people from other disciplines would also participate.

Sunday, September 02, 2007 7:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Ricky said...

Hi Paul,

I bet this open lecture must be very beneficial to a lot of beginning writers, like me, who would like to publish internationally. In the Symposium 07, I learnt from several scholars that this is not easy endeavour but this is a valuable experience that is worth trying especially who teach in tertiary level. Also, Icy told me a lot of about her experience in academic pursuit. Great sharing. I'm most impressed with a lot of Japanese scholars who have widely published in the field of L2 writing.

Best

Ricky

Sunday, September 30, 2007 9:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Ricky said...

Though I was not in the lecture, I guess the topic must be interesting as many Japanese scholars are also doing research on the second language writing.

Ricky

Monday, October 01, 2007 6:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Last update: January 6, 2008