Hypertext Help with LaTeX
Non-English characters and ligatures
These commands may be used only in paragraph or LR mode.
- \ae small ae ligature (diphthong), æ
- \AE capital ae ligature, Æ
- \oe small oe ligature
- \OE capital OE ligature
- \aa small a, ring, å
- \AA capital A, ring, Å (also used to denote Ångstrom)
- \o small o, slash, ø
- \O capital O, slash, Ø (can also be used to denote diameter)
- \ss German sz ligature, ß (Ringel "s", old fashioned)
An inverted "question mark" is made by ?`. It will also be
generated by a > in text mode.
An inverted "exclamation point" is made by !`. It will also be
generated by a < in text mode.
Back to the LaTeX Table of Contents
Last updated: R.A. Jansen -- 8 Jul 2004