You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space. Fear nothing.
Hi! I am Sailik. I joined Arizona State University as a PhD student under [Dr. Subbarao Kambhampati](http://rakaposhi.eas.asu.edu/) in Fall, 2015. My research interests lie in the field of Moving Target Defense (MTD), Multi-Agent Systems (MAS) and Secure Artificial Intelligence (SAI).
After being born in Bengal, I imbibed the love to learn, think, code, eat, read, listen to good music and photograph.
I have a backbone, I like to disagree and conceptually understand an argument before accepting it. Being vocally self-critical about my present and past mistakes helps me change into a better person for the future.
In case you are interested to know what our lab is upto, do check the Yochan lab [homepage](http://rakaposhi.eas.asu.edu/yochan/). Feel free to [reach out to me](#contact) for any queries (or say a 'hi').
You can download a copy of my CV [here](files/CV_sailiks.pdf).
Lastly, since I get this a lot, the pronunciation of my name Sailik is `Sho-e-lik`. Its means the aesthetic quality of any work.
- Joined PhD at **Arizona State University** (Fall 2015)
- B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering from **Jadavpur University**, Calcutta (2009-13)
- Alumnus of **St. Xavier's Collegiate School**, Calcutta (2009)
**Securing Deep Neural Nets against Adversarial Attacks with Moving Target Defense**
*Sailik Sengupta, Tathagata Chakraborti, Subbarao Kambhampati*
**RADAR - A Proactive Decision Support System for Human-in-the-Loop Planning**
*Sailik Sengupta, Tathagata Chakraborti, Sarath Sreedharan, Subbarao Kambhampati*
AAAI Fall Symposium on Human-Agent Groups, 2017 (Also presented at UISP Workshop @ ICAPS, 2017)
\[[pdf](http://icaps17.icaps-conference.org/workshops/UISP/uisp17proceedings.pdf#page=48)\] \[[slides](https://www.dropbox.com/s/k5mxrv8dk0niepu/UISP_final.pptx?dl=0)\] \[[demo](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5lYDnSh3B8)\]
**A Game Theoretic Approach to Strategy Generation for Moving Target Defense in Web Applications**
*Sailik Sengupta, Satya Gautam Vadlamudi, Subbarao Kambhampati, Adam Doupé, Ziming Zhao, Marthony Taguinod, Gail-Joon Ahn*
AAMAS, 2017 (Also presented at ADVERSE workshop @ AAMAS, 2017)
\[[pdf](http://rakaposhi.eas.asu.edu/AAMAS-2017-MTD.pdf)\] \[[slides](https://www.dropbox.com/s/rcn32127584np6e/AAMAS-Session1D.pdf?dl=0)\] \[[video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03rydUG2lBU)\]
**Compliant Conditions for Polynomial Time Approximation of Operator Counts**
*Tathagata Chakraborti, Sarath Sreedharan, Sailik Sengupta, T. K. Satish Kumar and Subbarao Kambhampati*
**Moving Target Defense For Web Applications Using Bayesian Stackelberg Games**
*Satya Gautam Vadlamudi, Sailik Sengupta, Subbarao Kambhampati, Marthony Taguinod, Ziming Zhao, Adam Doupé, Gail-Joon Ahn*
**Application of worker-manager model to genomic networks for identifying key regulators in Glioblastoma**
worked under *Debarka Sengupta* and *Sangamitra Bandhopadhyay*
**An improved fuzzy clustering method using modified Fukuyama-Sugeno cluster validity index**
*Sailik Sengupta, Soham De, Amit Konar, R. Janarthanan*
### Software Development Engineer at Amazon (2013-2015)
I worked as a software developer for the External Payments team at Amazon. I contributed to the launch of APA in US, Europe and Japan. I try to meet high industrial coding standards (robust, readable, error-free, simple and secure) in backend, frontend and scripting languages. Having successfully qualified as a security certifier at Amazon, I hold the highest standards in regards to software security. (Having experimented with JUnit, karma-js and other frameworks, I also am a little ahead on the learning curve as far as software testing is concerned.)
- Instructor, CSE 486 - Capstone, ASU (Fall, 2015)
- Teaching Assistant, CSE 471 - Introduction to Artificial Intelligence, ASU (Fall, 2016)
And sometimes, life happens.
- \[CSE575\] Can AI accurately predict missing objects in a picture? ([slides](files/Predicting_Missing_Objects_in_Images.pdf), [report](files/identifying-occluded-objects.pdf))
- \[CSE591\] Wouldn't it be cool if robots sat in meetings, recognized teammates, and generated transcrips of the meeting highlighting who spoke what? ([video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6MWWMMaD7s), code \[(https://github.com/sailik1991/meetingToTranscript), (https://github.com/yochan-lab/face_learn/tree/master/src)\]).
- I was a part of the [Review Process Committee](http://ijcai-16.org/index.php/welcome/view/confcommittee#review_process_committee) for IJCAI-16. (Essentially I was busy scripting and trying to automate stuff.)
- 'Useful links' [webpage](http://www.public.asu.edu/~ssengu15/links.html).
- Real fast [Gurobi](http://www.gurobi.com/) installer [script](https://github.com/sailik1991/utilities/tree/master/setupGurobi).
- [Website developer](http://ijcai-16.org/index.php/welcome/view/organizcommittee#web_design) for the IJCAI-16 [website](http://ijcai-16.org/index.php/welcome/view/home).
- Effective time management technique [pomodoro](http://www.public.asu.edu/~ssengu15/pomodoro.html).