I am a second-year Ph.D. student in Department of Computer Science at Arizona State University
(ASU), advised by Prof. Yezhou Yang. In the same time I also work closely with Chitta Baral , ASU,
and Shu Kong , UC, Irvine.
My research interests mainly focus on deep learning and its applications on the intersection of computer vision and natural languages, including: textual grounding task, temporal localization
of nlp, action recognition.
- [2019/02/24] One paper is accepted by CVPR, Long Beach, 2019.
- [2018/06/18] Short spotlight presentation and poster session were given at CVPR workshop on language and vision, SLC, 2018.
- [2018/05/25] One jounal paper is selected as honor paper by Computers in Biology and Medicine in 2017 (select rate: 5%).
- [2018/05/01] One workshop paper accepted by CVPR workshop on language and vision, 2018.
- [2017/09/01] I joined APG, ASU, United States as a Ph.D student supervised by Dr. Yezhou Yang
- [2017/06/05] I graduated from SUSTech, China and got the degree of bachelor of engineering.
- [2017/06/01] One paper: "Range Loss for Deep Face Recognition with Long-Tailed Training Data" accepted by ICCV, Italy, 2017
- [2017/03/24] One journal paper: "A multi-resolution approach for spinal metastasis detection using deep Siamese neural networks" accepted by Computers in Biology and Medicine, 2017
- [2017/01/01] I finished my research intern in MMlab, Chinese Academy of Sciences with Prof. Yu Qiao.
- [2016/09/01] I joined MMlab, Chinese Academy of Sciences with Prof. Yu Qiao.
- [2016/09/01] I finished my research intern in IGB, University of California, Irvine with Prof. Pierre Baldi.
Selected Projects and Publications
|Zhiyuan Fang, S. Kong, C. Fowlkes, Yezhou Yang|
Modularized Textual Grounding for Counterfactual Resilience
CVPR, Long Beach, CA, June 2019. (to appear)
|Zhiyuan Fang, Shu Kong, Tianshu Yu, Yezhou Yang|
Weakly Supervised Attention Learning for Textual Phrases Grounding.
|Xiao Zhang, Zhiyuan Fang, Yandong Wen, Zhifeng Li, Yu Qiao|
Range Loss for Deep Face Recognition with Long tail.
International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), 2017
|Juan Wang, Zhiyuan Fang, Ning Lang, Huishu Yuan, Min-Ying Su, and Pierre Baldi |
A Multi-Resolution Approach for Spinal Metastasis Detection using Deep Siamese Neural Networks
Computers in Biology and Medicine, 2017 (Honor Paper, 5%)
|Go to Google Scholar for full publication list|
- Journal reviewer:
Transactions on Image Processing (TIP)
- Conference reviewer:
British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC), 2019
BIBE, IEEE, 2018
- Teaching associative:
FIN208: Data Mining, 2017 spring, SusTech
CSE205: Object Oriented Programming, 2017 fall, 2018 spring, ASU
CSE230: Computer Organization and Assembly Programming, 2018 spring, ASU
CSE310: Data Structures and Algorithms, 2017 fall, 2018 fall, ASU
- I am fortunate to work with these great people: Yu Qiao(CAS), Pierre Baldi(UCI), Shu Kong(UCI), Tianshu Yu(ASU), Lingqi Zhang(Upenn), Yandong Wen(CMU), Zhifeng Li(Tencent AI), Chengxi Ye(UMD), Xiao Zhang(SenseTime) Before coming to ASU, I was a visiting student in Multimedia Laboratory at SIAT/CUHK, advised by Prof. Yu Qiao. I got my bachelor degree from the department of CSE, SUSTech in 2017 with Prof. Kun Chen to be my advisors. I have also worked in ICS, University of California, Irvine with Prof. Pierre Baldi.