|Return to Kathy Lorenz's Home Page
The National Immigration Forum
- Based out of- Washington, D.C.
- Key Constituency- the Public and Congress
- Main Activities of the NIF- To garner pro-immigration support and
evoke change in public policy through: lobbying and organizational
networking and alignment nationwide.
- Mission Statement- To champion the cause of keeping America true to
what its always stood for- a nation of immigrants. Having as its key
goal- fighting for immigration-friendly public policy.
- Key Immigration Issue- Comprehensive Immigration Reform with the key
elements being reported by the NIF as being: "Earned legalization,
create New Worker and Family Visas, and Educate the law on new
strategies to regulate the flow of migration.
- Basis for statements issued- Press Releases
- The National Immigration Forum- a pro-immigration agency
- Publications- Immigration Policy Handbook ( information on policy,
patterns and resources), A Fiscal Portrait of the Newest Americans ( an
in-depth examination of the pros and cons of immigration) and many more…
- Key Spokesperson- Frank Sharry ( NIF’s Executive Director)
- Citations- 1)Congressional Quarterly/CQ Researcher, 1/24/97,
2) The Washington Post, 7/30/02, Press Release
- Other issues of interest- a new project called The Center for the
New American Community which will have a focus of immigrant
integration in the community.
- Web site for the NIF- http://www.immigrationforum.org/