|PhD (ongoing),||Arizona State University,||Aug 2018 - present||Advisor: Yezhou Yang, Chitta Baral|
|M.S.,||Carnegie Mellon University,||Dec 2017||Advisor: Aswin Sankaranarayanan|
|B.E. (Honors),||BITS Pilani, (India),||May 2015||Advisor: Sarang Dhongdi|
ResearchI am interested in building computer vision systems that can reason about the visual world.
I am investigating the following questions:
- How can we incorporate semantic concepts from natural language for visual reasoning?
- Can we do visual reasoning without language? If so how?
- What are the underlying building blocks or abstractions that we can use for visual reasoning?
Tejas Gokhale, Shailaja Sampat, Zhiyuan Fang, Yezhou Yang, Chitta Baral
Cooking With Blocks : A Recipe for Visual Reasoning on Image-Pairs
CVPR 2019 Vision Meets Cognition Workshop
Vision beyond Pixels: Visual Reasoning via Blocksworld Abstractions
IJCAI 2019 Doctoral Consortium
|Tejas Gokhale, Shailaja Sampat, Zhiyuan Fang, Yezhou Yang, Chitta Baral
Blocksworld Revisited: Learning and Reasoning to Generate Event-Sequences from Image Pairs
|Complete List of Publications|
Awards and Honors
- IJCAI Doctoral Consortium Travel Award, (IJCAI 2019, Macao)
- CIDSE Travel Grant Award, (CVPR 2019, Long Beach CA)
- Inducted, Eta Kappa Nu Sigma Chapter (Carnegie Mellon University, 2017)
- National Talent Scholarship, (Govt. of India, 2007-2015)
- Teaching Associate:
CSE 408, Multimedia Information Systems (Spring 2019), ASU
CSE 110, Principles of Programming (Fall 2018), ASU
- Class Project Mentor:
CSE 576, Natural Language Processing (Fall 2018), ASU
CTE-AIP, Advanced Image Processing (Spring 2015), BITS Pilani (Goa)
- Student Mentor:
BITS Goa Peer Mentorship Program (first installment), 2014
Friends and Cool People
- (ASU) Zhiyuan Fang, Kowshik Thopalli, Pratyay Banerjee
- (CMU) Kuldeep Kulkarni (now at Adobe), Mihir Hasabnis, Vishwanath Saragadam, Raghav Gupta (now at Govt. of India),
- (UMD/Telluride) Michael Maynord , Xiaomin Lin,
- (BITS) Ninad Kanetkar (now at NEU), Aseem Pradhan (now at Clemson), Ishan Khurjekar (now at UF)
|Arizona State University
|Carnegie Mellon University
|IEEE Eta Kappa Nu
Alt-BioTejas Gokhale is a semi-professional musician, walks faster than you, and uses the Jerry Seinfeld head-bob to perfection.
Also, this is my favorite cartoon and policy.
Music & Lyrics
- I have a deep interest in studying (and debating) political science, especially natural law, liberty, the nature of our State, moral purpose, and the role of these in the history of our western civilization.
- I find inspiration in the philosophy of the Greeks, the Renaissance of the Italians, classical liberalism of the British, and the Constitution of the Americans. Oh, and also the food of the Indians.
- Formal Training:
- Principles of Economics
- Modern Political Concepts
- Public Administration
- Intro to Development Studies
- English Literary Forms and Movements
- I've been a vocalist since 2001, guitarist since 2013 and can also play harmonica, keyboards and tabla.
- I trained as a Hindustani Classical singer, but migrated to Classic Rock, Blues, Country, and Americana.
- I performed with the ECE Rock Band at CMU in 2018, and AH-1 and MM bands at BITS from 2011-2015.
- Notepad Scribbles and Other Vices now available online
- I have lived in hot semi-arid, tropical monsoon, tropical savannah, humid subtropical, humid continental, warm-summer Mediterranean, continental subarctic, and hot desert climates.
Weather-wise, I'm well-rounded.
- I was raised tri-lingual (native English, Marathi and Hindi speaker). I can read and write the Urdu script, can understand basic Spanish, and have studied highschool-level Sanskrit.
Next on the bucket-list is Putonghua.
- I am a founding member of BITS UFC, the first(?) Indian competitive collegiate Ultimate Frisbee team.
- I helped establish the Peer Mentorship Program at BITS Goa.