- Research interests
- Service-oriented computing, cloud computing, and big data systems
- Embedded systems and robotics, Internet of Things, and Robot as a Service (RaaS)
- Dependable computer system (software and hardware) design and analysis
- Distributed systems and fault-tolerant computing
- Trustworthy systems and internet applications
- Computer architecture, system performance, modeling, and simulation
- Software testing and software reliability modeling
- International Cooperation
- Zhejiang University, China, visited 2015-2017
- Huanan University of Technology, China, visited 2016-2017
- Xiamen University, China, vistied 2015 and 2017
- Chongqing University of Science and Technology, China, visited 2015
- Qilu University of Technology, China, Lecture on July 28, 2014
- Tongji University, China, 第138期同路人学术论坛讲座 July 16, 2014 or file
- Chongqing University, China, Lecture on May 31, 2012
- Shandong University of Finance and Economics, China,
Guest Professor Appointment -
Guest Professor Site -
Lecture on May 29, 2012
- Huzhiminh University, Vietnam. Visited the university from in December 2016
- Vinh University, Vietnam. Visited the university from March 18 to 25, 2012
- Zunyi Normal College, China, Visited the university in 2011, 2013, 2015.
- Sponsored projects
- A Visual Programming Approach to Teach IoT in Introduction to Engineering Class, sponsored by Intel, USA
- Arizona Robotics
Challenge Initiative, Sponsored by Intel Embedded System Group, 2007 -2010.
- Prepare High School Teachers for Service-Oriented Computer Science Education,
U.S. Department of Education, FIPSE Program, 01.2007-12-2009
- Probabilistic reasoning and fault
pre-exemption for exception prevention, Microsoft
PHOENIX—Excellence in Programming, 2005
- Developing highly dependable
embedded systems with reconfigurable software, Consortium for Embedded Systems,
Development of a fault-tolerant distributed system environment based on Windows
CE PDA and Visual Studio .Net technologies, Microsoft Embedded
Systems Research Grant, 2003.
- Highly available distributed system for electronic commerce,
South African National
Research Foundation (NRF), 1999 - 2001.
- Projects in the Program
for Highly Dependable Systems (PHDS), University of the Witwatersrand Research
Program Grant, 1996 - 2001.
- Verification and
Evaluation of Highly Dependable Systems, Franco-South African Science and
Technology Program Grant, 1997 - 1999.
- Reliable Real-time
Control Systems for Industrial Applications, South African National Research
Foundation Grant, 1996 - 1998.
- Implementing Reliable
Computing in Operating Systems, University of the Witwatersrand Research Grant,
1994 - 1995.
- Research Rating: NRF C
- Prototypes and Project Demonstrations
- List of my publications
- Conferences organized / attended