DMML Group Pictures
PhD Students at ASU
Orientation DMML Slides
prospective student, you can get a sample of me at
Some Funded Projects
Elements: CausalBench: A Cyberinfrastructure for Causal-Learning
Benchmarking for Efficacy, Reproducibility, and Scientific Collaboration.
$599,905. NSF (#2311716), 07/01/2023 - 06/30/2026. PI: K. Selcuk Candan,
Co-PI: Huan Liu (45%)
III: SMALL: Graph Contrastive Learning for Few-Shot Node Classification.
$599,987. NSF (#2229461), 01/01/2023 - 12/31/2025.
High Performance Computing Cluster for NLP and Deep Learning Approaches to
Understanding Social, Psychological, and Rhetorical Dimensions of Influence
in Cross-Cultural Contexts. DURIP ONR 4/1/2022 - 3/31/2023. Scott Ruston
(PI), Steven Corman (CoI), Huan Liu (CoI 33%) .
Designing Nature to Enhance Resilience of built infrastructure in Western US
Landscapes. $4,499,990. USACE, 9/24/2021 - 9/23/2024 .Xu,
R., Liu, H.
CC* Integration-Large: (BLUE) Software-Defined CyberInfrastructure to Enable
Data-driven Smart Campus Applications. $500,000. NSF (#2126291), 09/01/2021
- 08/31/2023. PI: Dijiang Huang, Senior Personnel: Huan Liu (13%)
EAGER: SaTC-EDU: Artificial Intelligence for Cybersecurity Education via a
Machine Learning-Enabled Security Knowledge Graph. $300,000. NSF (#2114789),
5/1/2021 - 4/30/2024. PI: Dijiang Huang, Co-PIs: Huan Liu (25%) and
Knowing the Unknown: Exploring the Space of Adversarial Attacks via Causal
Learning. $300,000. AMC (ARO W911NF2110030 ), 4/1/2021 - 3/31/2024.
SaTC: CORE: Small: Interdisciplinary Models to Identify and Understand
Cyberbullying. $499,999. NSF (#2036127), 01/01/2021 - 12/31/2024. PI: Yasin
N Silva, Co-PIs: Huan Liu and Deborah L. Hall.
Social Media Research to
Combat Disinformation and Foreign Influence. $1,200,000. ONR
(N00014-21-1-4002), 12/11/2020 -
Analytical Cognitive Enhancement Research (A-COGER). $350,000. AFRL
(FA8650-15-D-6583/FA8650-17-F-6820), 8/14/2020 - 11/14/2022.
Characterizing and Undstanding of Dynamic Time-Series Information for
Decision Making: A Causal Learning Approach. $685,000, AMC (ARL
W911NF2020124). 6/1/2020 -
CCF: RAPID: Active Tracking of Disease Spread in COVID-19 Graph Predictive
NSF (#2029044), 5/1/2020 - 4/30/2021. PI: Gautam Dasarathy; Co-PIs:
Douglas Cochran, Huan Liu (17%), and Pavan Turaga.
III: Small: pCAR: Discovering and Leveraging Plausibly Causal (p-causal)
Relationships to Understand Complex Dynamic Systems, $493,466,
NSF (#1909555), 10/1/2019 - 9/30/2024. PI: K. Selcuk Candan, Co-PI: Huan
III:Small: Discovering and Characterizing Implicit Links in Graph Data,
10/01/2016 - 09/30/2020.
Developing Novel Socio-Computational Methodologies to Analyze
Multimedia-based Cyber Propaganda Campaigns, $210,400, UALR, 06/01/2017 -
2/28/2019. ONR N00014-17-1-2605
- II-NEW: GEARS - An
Infrastructure for Energy-Efficient Big Data Research on Heterogeneous and
Dynamic Data, $750,000,
NSF (#1629888), 09/01/2016 - 08/31/2019. PI: Ming
Zhao; Co-PIs: Fengbo Ren, Hasan Davulcu, Huan Liu, and K. Selcuk Candan.
- TweetTracker Interface
Adapter Design Support and Evaluation, Progeny Systems Corporation,
$124,069, 08/10/2016 - 7/05/2019.
- CDS&E/Collaborative Research:
DataStorm: A Data Enabled System for End-to-End Disaster Planning and
NSF (#1610282), 08/01/2016 - 07/31/2019. PI: K. Selcuk Candan; Co-PIs:
Huan Liu, Ming Zhao, and Pitu Mirchandani.
Intelligent Analysis of Big
Social Media Data for Crisis Tracking, $450,000, ONR (N00014-16-1-2257),
02/01/2016 - 12/31/2017.
- Research Area 5.3.3:
Sybil-Resilient Influence Measurement in Microblogging Systems, $450,000,
ARO (W911NF-15-1-0328), 7/15/2015 - 12/14/2018, Co-PI, 40% (PI: Yanchao
- Social Media Analytics for
Bots, Charles River/SBIR, $45,000, 7/6/2015 - 11/06/2016.
- Disaster Preparation and Response via Big Data Analysis and Robust Networking, $300,000, NSF
(#1461886), 3/1/2015 - 2/28/2019, Co-PI, 40% (PI: Guoliang Xue)
- Multi-Source Assessment of
State Stability, $449,070, the Department of Defense under the MINERVA initiative through the ONR N000141310835, 6/1/2013 -
[Show Completed Projects]
Highly motivated and qualified PhD students are always welcome to join our
data mining and machine learning (DMML) lab.
Preferences are given to the students who are taking or have taken my
courses because of the needed training.
We strive to make impact by performing persistent and innovative research
and by working on challenging real-world problems. All students are expected to
be self-motivated, hard-working, creative, and competitive team-players who produce quality
work and publish their work in highly ranked conferences and journals. The
former graduated students are now professors in research universities, employed
by IT companies (Google, Twitter, Airbnb, Honeywell, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Yahoo, Amazon, Intel, SAS, among
others), work at leading research institutions or start-ups, or as independent entrepreneurs/consultants.
If you are seriously considering data mining and machine learning as your
research directions, please send me email to explore further.
Please include "Data Mining and Machine Learning" in your email
subject to warrant a reply to your email inquiry.
Some useful links:
Undergraduate Students at ASU
Shubh Khandelwal, Undergraudate Research Experience, Summer 2023 (Raha
Nivedh Mudiam, Undergraduate Research Experience, Spring 2023 (Zhen Tan)
- Ishna Barwey, Honors Credit CSE 472, Fall 2022 (Bohan Jiang)
- Jessica Hays, Honors Credit CSE472, Fall 2022 (Bohan Jiang)
- Kiran Gershenfeld, Honors Directed Study CSE499, Fall 2022 (Ujun Jeong)
- Aditya Rajeshbhai Boghara, Undergraduate Research Experience, Fall
2022 (Zhen Tan)
- Colin Finnegan, Honors, ``An Exploration of Echo
Chambers" Spring 2022 (Faisal Alatawi)
- Mertay Dayanc, FURI, Spring 2021, ``Understanding Machine vs Human
Generated Text in News Articles", (David A Mosallanezhad)
- David Zhou, FURI, Spring 2021, ``A Systematic Study of COVID-19 Pooled
Tests", (Kaize Ding)
- Ariz Chang, Honors, ``Using Machine Learning Models to Detect Fake News,
Bots, and Rumors on Social Media", Spring 2021 (Anique Tahir)
- David Syms, November 2020 - (Tharindu Kumarage)
- Mohit Doshi, ASU/NASA Space Grant Program, ``Exoplanet Classification
using Data Mining to Detect Habitable Worlds", Fall 2020 (Kaize Ding).
ASU FSE 2021 Impact Award Winner, Computer Science
- Suyu Ge, Summer Intern from Tsinghua U, Summer 2020 (Lu Cheng)
- Raphael David, FURI, REU Summer 2020 (Paras Sheth, Kai Shu)
- Ryan Schwartz, NSF REU, Summer 2020 (Raha Moraffah)
- Qiang Fu, FURI, Summer 2020 (Raha Moraffah)
- Connor Aitken, Honors, Fall 2018 - Spring 2019 (Isaac Jones)
- Matthew Davis, Honors, Spring 2018 - Fall 2018 (Tahora Nazer); NSF REU, Fall 2018; FURI, Summer and Fall 2018;
- Jennifer Berumen, NSF REU, Fall 2017 - Spring 2018; FURI, Fall 2018 - Spring 2019;
- Marcus Stilwell, FURI, Fall 2018;
- Alex Nou, Summer 2017 - ; FURI, Spring 2018; Honors, Fall 2018 - Spring 2019 (Ghazaleh Beigi)
- Sarah Smallwood, Aerospace Engineering, Honor's Theis (2nd Reader).
Fall, 2017 - Spring 2018
- Lilian Ngweta, Honors, Fall 2017 - Spring 2018 (Liang Wu)
- Daniel Baird, research preparation for FURI, Fall 2016; Honors Thesis, Fall 2017 -
Spring 2018 (Suhang Wang)
- Christina Wilmot, Honors Thesis, Fall 2016 - Spring 2017
- Lewis Ruskin, Honors Thesis, Spring 2016 - Spring 2017
- Andrew Dudley, Fall 2016
- Kian Fakhri, Honors Thesis, Spring 2016 - Fall 2016
- Grant Marshall, REU Student December 2011 - Spring 2015; Honors Thesis, Fall 2014 -
- Daniel Howe, REU Student Summer 2013 - Summer 2015
- Mark Karlsrud, Honors Thesis, Fall 2014 - Spring 2015
- Lisa Baer, Fall 2013 - Spring 2014
- Aaron Mattson, Fall 2012 - Spring 2013 (Honor's Thesis, 2nd Reader)
- Garret Walliman, Fall 2012 - Spring 2013 (Honor's Thesis, 2nd Reader)
- Luke Pirtle, Summer 2012 - January 2013
- Shantanu Bala, January 2012 - August 2012
- Lin Yang, Fall 2011 - Spring 2012
- Patrick Mcinerney, Honors, Intelligent Data Collection with iPad, Fall
2010 - Spring 2011
- Fred Morstatter, Feature Selection, Fall 2009 - Spring 2011
- Patrick Krecker, Honors, Social Media Data Crawling, Fall 2009 - Spring 2010
- David Weber, Honors, co-supervised with Professor Violet
R. Syrotiuk, Social Network Analysis Fall 2008-Spring
- Raha Moraffah, Ph.D., Fall 2017
- Bing Hu, Ph.D., co-advisor with Dr. Karl G. Kempf, Spring 2018
- Brian Vincent, Ph.D., Fall 2019
- Weidong Zhang, Ph.D., co-advisor with Dr. Yingzhen Yang, Fall 2019
- Faisal Alatawi, Ph.D., Spring 2020
- Amrita Bhattacharjee, Ph.D., Fall 2020
- Tharindu Kumarage, Ph.D., Fall 2020
- Paras Sheth, Ph.D., Fall 2020
- Anique Tahir, Ph.D., Fall 2020
- Ujun Jeong, Ph.D., Spring 2021
- Zhen Tan, Ph.D., Spring 2021
- Nayoung Kim, Ph.D., Spring 2021
- Bohan Jiang, Ph.D., Spring 2021
- Garima Agrawal, Ph.D., Spring 2022
- Kritshekhar Jha, Ph.D., co-advisor with Dr. Ming Zhao, Spring 2022
Zeyad Alghamdi, Ph.D., Spring 2022
Alimohammad Beigi, Ph.D., Fall 2022
Shu Wan, Ph.D., Summer 2023
PhD Students graduated at ASU (Mathematics
Lei Yu, PhD, Redundancy-based
Feature Selection for High-Dimensional Data and Application in
SUNY Binghamton, Tenure
Track, July 2005; Outstanding Ph.D. Student in CSE, ASU,
Nitin Agarwal, PhD, Social Computing in Blogosphere, July 2009;
UALR, Tenure Track, August 2009; Outstanding Ph.D. Student Finalist in
SCI, ASU in April 2009.
Moturu, PhD, Quantifying the Trustworthiness
of User-Generated Social Media Content, July 2009; Post Doc jointly funded
by DMML, ASU and Media Lab, MIT, August 2009;
Paper Award at HealthInfo2008.
Alan Zhao, PhD, Spectral Feature Selection, SAS, July, 2010
(co-chair with Jieping Ye);
Outstanding Ph.D. Student in CSE, ASU, 2008
- Lei Tang, PhD, Learning with Large-Scale
Social Media Networks, Yahoo! Labs, August 2010
- Geoffrey Barbier, PhD, Provenance Data in Social Media, AFRL, November 2011
- Xufei Wang, PhD, Connecting Users with Similar Interests for Group Understanding, LinkedIn, April 2013
- Salem Alelyani, PhD,
On Feature Selection Stability - A Data Perspective, King Khalid University, Abha, Asir, Saudi Arabia, Assistant Professor, April 2013
Ali Abbasi, Ph.D. Understanding Social Media Users vis Attributes and Links, November,
Huiji Gao, Ph.D. Personalized POI Recommendation on Location-Based
Social Networks, November 2014, 2014. LinkedIn, January 2015
Jiliang Tang, Ph.D.,
Computing Distrust in Social Media, Feb 2015. Yahoo Labs. (i) Outstanding
Computer Science PhD Student in CIDSE Award (May 1, 2015), (ii) Fulton
Schools of Engineering Dean's Disseration Award (May 13, 2015), and
(iii) ACM SIGKDD2015 Doctoral Dissertation Award Runner Up.
Pritam Gundecha, Ph.D., Managing User's Vulnerability on a Social Networking Site, March 2015. IBM Research Almaden
- Shamanth Kumar, Ph.D., Social Media Analytics for Crisis Response, April 2015.
Castlight Health. Shamanth's dissertation featured by IEEE Signal
Processing society eNews in the Year 2015.
Xia Ben Hu, Ph.D., Mining Content and Relations for Social Spammer Detection, April 2015.
Outstanding Graduate Student Award in Fulton Scuools of Engineering (May
Tenure Track, Assistant Professor, Texas A&M University.
Reza Zafarani, Ph.D.,
Making Thin Data Thick: User Behavior Analysis with Minimum Information, May 2015.
Tenure Track, Assistant Professor, Syracuse University.
Galan, PhD, Leveraging Collective Wisdom in A MultiLabeled Blog
Categorization Environment, July 2015. Intel.
- Yunzhong Liu, Ph.D.,
Patient-Centered and Experience-Aware Mining for Effective Information
Discovery in Health Forums. June,
2016. co-supervised with Professor Yi Chen. LeEco US.
- Robert (Rob) Trevino, Ph.D.,
Big Data Analysis of Bacterial Inhibitors in Parallelized Cellomics - A
Machine Learning Approach, August 2016. AFRL.
Shahapurkar, PhD, Crossing the Chasm: Deploying Machine Learning Analytics in Dynamic Real-World Scenarios, October 2016. FICO.
- Fred Morstatter,
Ph.D., Discovering and Mitigating Social Data Bias, June 2017. USC ISI.
- Philippe Christophe Faucon,
Ph.D., Gene Network Inference via Sequence Alignment and Rectification,
August, 2017. Norconsult informasjonssystemer AS, Norway.
- Suhas Ranganath, Ph.D., Facilitating Efficient
Information Seeking in Social Media, October 2017. co-supervised with
Professor Ying-Cheng Lai. Walmart Labs,
- Suhang Wang, Ph.D., Network Representation
Learning in Social Media, August 2018. Tenure Track,
Assistant Professor, College of Information Science and Technology,
Pennsylvania State University. Fulton Schools of Engineering 2018 Dean's
- Liang Wu, Ph.D., Misinformation Detection in Social Media, March 2019. Airbnb. School of CIDSE 2018 CS Outstanding PhD Student Award.
- Jundong Li, Ph.D., Learning with Attributed Networks: Algorithms and Applications, Summer 2019. Tenure Track,
Assistant Professor, ECE/CS/Data Science, University of Virginia.
Nominted by the Dean of Graduate College at ASU for the CGS/ProQuest
Distinguished Dissertation Award
- Isaac Jones, Ph.D., Assessing Influential Users
in Live Streaming Social Networks, Fall 2019. Google
- Tahora Hossein Nazer, Ph.D., Understanding Bots
on Social Media: An Application in Disaster Response, Fall 2019. Spotify
Nur Shazwani Kamrudin, Ph.D., A Study of User
Behaviors and Activities on Online Mental Health Communities, Fall 2019.
Senior Lecturer, Universiti
- Gennaro De Luca, Ph.D., (Principal Advisor: Dr.
Yinong Chen), Explainable AI in Workflow Development and Verification
using Pi-Calculus, Spring 2020. Information Technology Program, The
Polytechnic School, ASU.
- Ghazaleh Beigi, Ph.D., Protecting User Privacy
with Social Media Data and Mining, Spring 2020. Google.
- Kai Shu,
Ph.D., Understanding Disinformation: Learning with Weak Social
Supervision, Summer 2020. Tenure Track, Gladwin Development Chair
Assistant Professor, CS, Illinois Institute of Technology. (1) ASU
Fulton Schools of Engineering 2020 Dean's Dissertation Award; (2)
Finalist of the 2021 BenchCouncil Distinguished Doctoral Dissertation
Ruocheng Guo, Ph.D., Spring 2021; Learning Causality with Networked
Observational Data. Assistant Professor, City University of Hong Kong.
ASU School of CIDSE CS PhD Outstanding Student Award (2021)
Lu Cheng, Ph.D., Spring 2022; Algorithmic Solutions for Socially Responsible
AI; the 2020-2021 ASU GPSA Outstanding Research Award; Fulton
Schools of Engineering 2021-2022 Dean's Dissertation Award; ASU School
of SCAI CS PhD Outstanding Student Award (2022), the 2022
International Neural Network Society Doctoral Dissertation Award
of Illinois at Chicago, Tenure Track, August, 2022.
Walaa Abdulaziz M Alnasser, Ph.D.,
Measuring and Enhancing Users' Privacy in Machine Learning, Senior R&D
Lead, LEAN (Business Services: Towards a smart health eco system), Saudi
Kaize Ding, Ph.D., Data Efficient Graph Learning, Feburary 2023; the
2021-2022 ASU GPSA Outstanding Research Award; Fall 2022 Graduate
College Completion Fellowship; SCAI Computer Science PhD Outstanding
Student Award Spring 2023. Northwestern University, Tenure
Track, September 2023.
David Ahmadreza Mosallanezhad, Ph.D., co-advisor with
Dr. Michelle (Mickey) Mancenido, Representation Learning for Trustworthy
AI, Spring 2023. Nvidia
Mansooreh Karami, Ph.D., Investigating the Role of Silent
Users on Social Media, Fall 2023. Microsoft
MS Students graduated at ASU
MS, Meta Data and Namespaces
Spring 2001, co-supervised with Professor Selcuk
Candan, graduated Spring 2003. Honeywell.
Han, MCS, Automatic RDF Metadata Generation for Relational Databases,
graduated in Spring 2002.
MS, View Validation for Image Mining,
Spring 2002, graduated Fall 2003. The
Center and the
MS, Active Learning for Image Mining,
Spring 2002, graduated Fall 2003. Microsoft, Redmond.
Kundalkar, MCS, Intelligent Data Extraction,
Fall 2002, graduated Fall 2003
Selective Voting for Ensemble Methods, Spring
2003, graduated Spring 2004. Microsoft, Redmond.
Subspace Search for Web Mining Applications, Summer 2003, graduated Fall
MS, Intelligent Driving Data
Analysis, Spring 2003, graduated Fall 2004. Yahoo.
Galan, MCS, Instance Selection for Stream Data , Summer, 2004, graduated
MS, Selection Bias in Machine Learning, Summer 2004,
graduated May 2006. Independent consultant.
MS, Spring 2003, Integrated
Learning from Microarrays - Discovering Subtypes
of Glioblastoma, graduated Fall 2006. ASU.
MS, Spring 2005,Sensor Networks:
Decentralized Monitoring and Subspace Classification of Events, Fall 2006.
Tiwari, MCS, Fall 2004, A Case Study of HRC
Databases and Applications, Spring 2007
, Spring 2006, Evaluation
Methodology for Comparing Feature Selection, Spring 2007,
- Sanjay Sundararajan, MCS, Spring
2007, Online Group Interaction Study. Graduated in Spring 2008.
MS, Fall 2006, View Completion and Collaborative Tagging in Blogosphere, co-supervised with
Professor Baoxin Li. Graduated in July 2008. Amazon.com.
Nguyen, MCS, Fall 2006, Web Analytics and Mining.
- Shashvata Sharma, MCS, Spring
2010, Feature Selection, Microsoft
- Gayathri Varadarajan, MS, Fall 2010, A Data-Driven Framework for Prognostics.
- William Cole, MS, Summer 2011,
Sentiment Propagation in Social Media.
- Aneeth Anand, MS, Spring 2012, Expanding Data Mining Theories for Industrial
- Ashwin Rajadesingan, MS, Fall 2014, Detecting Sarcasm on Twitter: A Behavior
- Ran Wang, MS, April 2015, Toward Small Community Discovery in Social Networks
- Harsh Dani, MS, January 2017,
Sentiment Informed Cyberbullying Detection in Social Media
- Kewei Cheng, MS, February 2017, Mining Signed Social networks Using Unsupervised Learning Algorithms
- Justin Sampson, MS, Spring 2016,
Assessing Veracity in Streaming Social Media Data for Crisis Response
- Shobhit Sharma, MCS,
TweetTracker, Spring 2017 - Fall 2017, Spring 2018 (project assistant)
- Kunal Bansal, MCS,
TweetTracker+Bot Detection, Spring 2017 - Fall 2017 (project assistant)
- Chetan Gupta, MS, Fall 2017 -
Spring 2018 (project assistant)
- Venkatesh Magham, MS, Fall
2017 - Spring 2018 (project assistant), - Spring 2019, Data Poisoning
Attacks on Linked Data with Graph Regularization (Liang Wu)
- Deepak Mahudeswaran, MCS,
Spring 2018 - Summer 2019 (project assistant)
- Rohit Bhanushali, MCS, Spring
2018 - Fall 2018 (project assistant)
- Abhay Joshi, MCS, Spring 2018 -
Fall 2018 (project assistant)
- Matthew Davis, MS, Types of Bots: Categorization of Accounts Using
Unsupervised Machine Learning, Fall 2019. Intel
- Yichuan Li, MCS, Fall 2019 -
Summer 2020 (project assistant)
- Aditya Deotale, MS, Using Event Logs and Rapid Ethnography to Mine Clinical
Pathways. Co-chaired with Dr. Adela Grando, College of Health Solutions.
Spring 2020. Amazon
- Bohan Jiang, MCS, Spring 2020 -
- Ravi Karumuri, MS,
Interpretable Features for Distinguishing Machine Generated News
Articles. Spring 2022. Amazon
- Suraj Jyothi Unni, MS, Spring
- Snigdha Reddy Mudireddy, MCS,
Fall 2022 (project assistant with Ujun and Bohan)
- Hirthik Mathavan, MS, Spring
2023 (Zhen Tan)
Ayushi Nirmal, MS, Spring 2023 (Bohan Jiang)
Saketh Vishnubhatla, MS, Fall 2023 (Raha Moraffah)
Kaize Ding, Feb 2023 - August 2023 (PI Selcuk Candan)
Lu Cheng, June 2022 - August 2022 (PI Selcuk Candan)
- Dr. Vineeth Rakesh Mohan, August 2017 - July 2018
- Dr. Tanatorn Tanatong, January - May 2016
- Dr. Uraz Yavanoglu, May 2015 - April 2016
- Dr. Xia Ben Hu, May 2015 - August 2015
- Dr. Shamanth Kumar, May 2015 - June 2015
- Dr. Zigang Huang (PPI Ying-Cheng Lai), June 2014 - July 2015
- Dr. Zhuo Feng, May 2012 - Spring 2013
- Dr. Peng Zhang (PI Baoxin Li), Spring 2012 - December 2013
- Dr. Sai Moturu, Fall 2009 - Summer 2010
- Dr. Gabriel Fung, Spring 2010 - Fall 2010
High School Students visiting or visited ASU(2016, 2013, 2012)
- Ricky Hsu; Soumya Kambhampati, Terry Wen, Daria Bazzi
Visiting Scholars at ASU
- Lo Pang-Yun (Teila) Ting, PhD student, National Cheng Kung University
(Professor Kun-Ta Chuang), Taiwan,
August 2023 - August 2024
- Qianru Wang, PhD Student, Northwestern Polytechnical
University (Professor Bin Guo), November 2019 - March 2021
- Qun Zhao, PhD Student, HoHai University (Professor Yufeng Yu), September 2019 - September
- Gang Wei, Graduate Student, Xian Jiaotong University, Xian, November
2018 - May 2019
- Saul Solorio Ferbabdez, PhD Student, National Institute of Astrophysics,
Optics, and Electronics, Puebla, Mexico, September 2018 - April 2019
- Shuo Yang, PhD Student, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai,
September 2017 - September 2018
- Shan-Yun Sharon Teng, PhD Student, National Cheng Kung University
(Professor Kun-Ta Chuang),
Taiwan, August 2017 - July 2018
- Xuying Meng, PhD Student, Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, September 2016 - March 2017
- Dr. Uraz Yavanoglu, Gazi University, Turkey, May 2015 - April 2016
- Augusto Andrade, PhD Candidate, Spring, Summer, and Fall 2011,
University of Sao Paulo -- USP, Feature Selection for Clustering.
- Zhuo Feng, PhD Candidate, Fall 2011 - Spring 2012, University of Arizona, Web Search.
Visiting Professors at ASU
- Professor Hai Huang, Beijing University of Post and
Telecommunications, October, 2018 - October, 2019
- Professor Yufeng Yu, HoHai University, August 2018 - August 2019
- Professor Min Gao, Chong Qing University, December 2017 - January 2019
- Professor Chen Chen, Nankai University, August, 2017 - September, 2018
- Mr. Fang Chen, Library of Chinese Academy of Sciences, November, 2017 -
- Professor Zhipeng Liu, NanJing University of Post and Telecommunications
(NJUPT), January 2018 - March 2018
- Professor Yinglong Zhang, East China Jiaotong University, Nanchang, Jiangxi, September, 2016- August, 2017
- Dr. Tanatorn Tanantong, Rangsit University, Pathum Tani, Thailand,
January - May 2016
- Professor Ling Jian, China University of Petroleum, Qingdao, Shandong, September, 2015 -
- Professor Jongwon Seok, Changwon National University, September 2014 -
- Porfessor Zhen Yang, Beijing University of Technology, Febrary 2014 -
- Professor Ying Wang, Jilin University, September 2013 - September 2014
- Professor Guoyong Cai, Guilin University of Electronic Technology,
January 2013 - July 2013
- Professor Shijin Li, HoHai University, May 2012 - May 2013
- Professor Yingzhou Bi, Guangxi Teacher Education University, Spring 2012 -
- Professor Yimin Wen, Guilin University of Electronic Technology, Spring 2012