School of Computing, Informatics, & Decision Systems Engineering Arizona State University
699 S Mill Ave, Tempe, AZ 85281
Phone: (480) 727-0556
Tempe, AZ 85287-8809
Office: BYENG 338
Other Links: Google Scholar, Github
Hao Yan is an Assistant Professor in School of Computing, Informatics, and Decision Systems Engineering. Before that, he obtained B.S. degree in Physics and Dual Degree in Economics from Peking University in 2011. He also received my M.S. degree in Statistics (in 2015), M.S. degree in Computational Science and Engineering and Ph.D in Industrial & Systems Engineering in Georgia Institue of Technology.
Develop machine learninng models and efficient real-time large-scale optimization algorithms for high-dimensional data (i.e., Images, profiles, signals) in different industrial systems and spatio-temporal systems for anomaly detection and system modeling
News and Update
- Mar 2020, Our project "Hybridizing Data and Model Driven Approaches for Proactive Production Control" is funded by NSF, Role: Co-PI, develop machine learning algorithms to enable proactive control
- Feb 2020, Co-PI for NASA ULI "Information Fusion for Teal-Time National Air Transportation System Prognostics under Certainty", Role: Co-PI, provide air-traffic risk quantification using sequence of event data.
- Dec 2019, Our paper “Weakly correlated profile monitoring based on sparse multi-channel functional principal component analysis“ has been selected as the The Best Paper in the 2019 IISE Transactions Focus Issue on Quality and Reliability Engineering.
- Nov 2019, Our paper "Tensor Completion for Weakly-dependent Data on Graph for Metro Passenger Flow Prediction" has been accepted by, Thirty-Fourth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence. Congratulation to Ziyue and Dorukhan
- June 2019, Thank you for P&G for providing funding for us.
- May 2019, Our paper “Multiple Sensor-Based Monitoring and Anomaly Detection” has won the ASQ Brumbaugh Award, which gives to “the paper making the largest single contribution to the development of industrial application of quality control.” The chosen paper is selected from among publications in the seven journals published by ASQ in a given year.
- Sep, 2018, Our projects "ATD: Collaborative Research: Adaptive and Rapid Spatial-Temporal Threat Detection over Networks" has funded by NSF. Role: PI, provide spatio-temporal learning algorithm.
- April 2018, our paper “Generalized Wavelet Shrinkage of Inline Raman Spectroscopy for Quality Monitoring of Continuous Manufacturing of Carbon Nanotube Buckypaper” won IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering Best Paper Award , with Xiaowei Yue, Jin Gyu Park, Zhiyong Liang, and Jianjun Shi, Congraduations to Xiaowei Yue
- October 2017, our paper "Dynamic Multivariate Functional Data Modeling via Sparse Subspace Learning" won the INFORMS Data Mining Best Paper Competition, with Chen Zhang and Jianjun Shi, Congraduations to Chen Zhang